Stretch Wrap Machine Safety Guidelines
Stretch Wrap Machine
Installation & Maintenance
* Do not install stretch wrap machine on soft ground.
* Install machine on level surface
* Machine should be far from smoke, dust, and preferably in a dry, well-ventilated area.
* Normal environment temperature should be within 32-104 degrees Fahrenheit.
* Machines should not be placed under direct lighting as it may cause the photo eye to malfunction.
* Do Not push, drag, or slide the stretch wrap machine
* To Transport machine use forklift extensions in excess of 4 ft. long rated for 3,000 lbs.
* Do not transport the machine from the turntable when the mast is lowered.
* Transport machine from mast end when the mast is lowered.
* Do not plug into an extension cord.
* Only qualified technicians should change or test wiring and electrical components.
* Before servicing always power down and unplug the machine from the power source.
Safety Guidelines During Operation
* The operator must stand in front of the operating screen, away from the turntable.
* Operators must ensure other devices such as forklifts, and pallet jacks are free from turntable rotation.
* Before loading film into film carriage, be sure power to the machine is turned off.
* Place all items being wrapped in the center of the turntable.
* Do not touch the turntable while the machine is in operation.
* In an emergency, press the emergency stop button.
* Turn off the stretch wrap machine when finished.
* Use caution when stepping on or walking off the turntable. Only step on the turntable when power is off.
* Clean machine once a day.
* Keep machine and surrounding area clean, clear, and free of debris.
* These are general safety guidelines to be used for a variety of stretch wrap machines. U.S. Packaging & Wrapping strongly recommends referring to machine operating manuals for detailed safety information.